About Me

A sound dude from the Game Audio industry that just wants to share his sounds and ideas about sound design and SFX recording.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Shake that tooth!

Hi there! Been working last year on some monster and this dude was supposed to make weird sounds with his teeth - the direction was to go for some teeth chattering, jaw clanking, stuff that can enoy you enough to stay away from him.. Here is a few extracts of the files I produced, enjoy :-)

Regarding my original material for these sounds, it was multiple takes of teeth clanking and jaws dislocation movements. I recorded the sounds with an AKG C 414 and I had to compress them a lot because even if the person was quite close to the mic, the clanking was to soft..

So compression and a bit of maximising helped me to get the presence and punch I wanted! I also filtered with a low cut everything under 200 Hz which wasn't needed for this type of sound. And finally I automated a pitch shift plugin now and again and use time compression (Flex time in Logic) to make the clanking a little faster. Here is a picture of the Logic strip with the plugins I used.


Teeth chatter 1 by gugasprod Teeth chatter 2 by gugasprod Teeth chatter 3 by gugasprod

No comments:

Post a Comment